Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Favorite Cleansers


Facial cleanser can be tricky. Each person out there has different skin type, tone and cycle. Some are dry, others will be oily and some may be a combination of the two. I was told my my dermatologist that I am "normal to oily." Basically what that means is that I have normal healthy skin that tends to have oily areas (T-Zone). I have tried what seems like a million and one different cleansers and some start out great then become an epic failure while many have started out not wowing me and then gain a permanent spot in my routine. Due to my incessant need to try something new, I switch up my cleansers pretty often, so I've tried my fair share of products. Although I am in no way a Dermatological Professional, I have an idea what will work and what doesn't. These are a my favorites:

LUSH:

Coalface: 
Don't let the color or name scare you away from this amazing stuff! This cleanser contains powdered charcoal, which gives it's black color and slightly odd sent, which is an amazing exfoliater and works great at absorbing excess oil. Lush also added in rosewood, sandalwood and licorice root to balance, soothe, calm, and soften your skin. I would only recommend this cleanser for those of you with oilier skin, or for summer when skin can become oilier! This stuff is amazing and took the place of my Rx face wash. The only down side to this product is that some, sometimes including myself, can find this soap to be too drying! I would recommend that you try using this once a day, for example, at night to ensure your makeup is indeed off! Works well alone, used with a wash cloth and works great with a Clarisonic!




Fresh Farmacy:
To be honest with you, I wanted to buy this cleanser simply because it was pink! I really am glad that I purchased this. Fresh Farmacy is more for oily, breakout prone, sensitive skin that negatively reacts to acne products of nearly any kind! There is tree tree oil in this to help banish oil and it's loaded with calamine, the pink stuff your mom put on you when you had chicken pox or an itchy bug bite! This combination will fight oil but help calm your skin at the same time!I use Fresh Farmacy, when my skin is in the middle of a breakout or when it's irritated. I would only suggest you use this product once a day! Tip of the day: You can use this bar as a spot treatment as well! After you've washed and dried your face, wet a corner of the bar and rub it on a blemish and let it sit for a few hours or even overnight! Works great and saves you from buying a spot treatment



Dark Angels:
This cleanser is like the bad ass little sister of Coalface! More of a scrub then a typical cleanser, this velvety textured cleanser will leave your skin super clean and super soft! Like Coalface, this too contains powdered charcoal to exfoliate and banish excess oils. However, Dark Angels contains rhassoul mud which  helps get rid of excess dirt, sebum, oil and skin cells while at the same time having a moisturizing and soothing effect on the skin. I also love this stuff but I don't use this everyday! This is more of a twice a week scrub to help clean away dead skin cells or oil build up!



DRUG STORE:



 Cetaphil:
 This is a great basic cleanser for any and all skin types! I have used this since I was little! Great for removing makeup (even waterproof mascara!) and perfect for an AM cleanser! There is no need to worry about what this will do to your skin. It wont clog your pores, wont irritate your skin and you can find it at any drug store! You can use this twice a day if you like. I use this as a morning cleanser, with my Clarisonic, when I feel my skin it's too oily and I use it at night, with my hands, as a quick makeup rinse off before I use a Lush cleanser!













CeraVe: 
Like Cetaphil, this cleanser is a great gentle face wash. Removes dirt, oil and makeup without irritating or removing too much of the much needed natural oils! However, CeraVe is best for normal to dry skin. This product does a great job of maintaining and/or restoring the natural moisture balance of your skin. I use this product more in the winter and it works great to help keep dry winter skin at bay! CeraVe is available at most drug stores (CVS Rite Aid Walgreens)







To order or find more information on Lush products you can visit their website. To find the nearest store selling Cetaphil or  CeraVe click on the name of the cleanser you are interested in.

 Until next time!






Lipstick Lush







Next Blog: Lush Tips and Tricks!

0 comments on "My Favorite Cleansers"

Post a Comment

Tweet Tweet...Follow me on Twitter!

Followers

 

Lipstick Lush Copyright 2008 Fashionholic Designed by Ipiet Templates Supported by Tadpole's Notez